Real Estate Leads 101: Take The Pledge

 

Congratulations, you're a licensed real estate agent! After completing 2-8 weeks worth of classes, you'll have to take some tests and pass a final exam. This test covered almost everything that you won't need again. You could have been collecting real estate leads while you were taking your Sedona Homes For Sale classes if you were smart enough to compile a list of everyone you know by name and face.



You didn't need to be very smart to focus on your studies and learn and the real estate leads would come later if you were. The next step was to search for a real-estate office that you wanted to join. They most likely told you "Well, you are breathing, we'll have a chance with your!" You were shown a cubicle, phone and a coffee pot and told to go! No real estate leads yet.

You're now scratching your head as a veteran agent sits next to you, screaming because he's losing at Checkers while others are reading the paper for hours complaining about Iverson being traded to the Nuggets. There isn't a word on realty and real estate leads. You may be asking yourself, "Are these guys making a living and are these all the things I need to make money in realty?" The answer is a loud and resounding "NO!"

Rory Wilfong is a successful real estate agent and co-founder at GetMyHomesValue. He says that no matter how long you have been licensed, you have probably never taken the Real Estate Agents Pledge to real estate leads. The Real Estate Agents Pledge is a must if you want to succeed with real estate leads, and in realty generally.

The Pledge:

As a licensed agent, I (State your name) understand the importance of generating leads, working with leads, and following up with them. Everything I do is solely for lead generation. Real estate leads might have inaccurate information. I must be mature enough not to immediately declare them "bogus". With a little research and the help of others, I can find the information I need. My real estate leads pipeline must not run dry. If it does, I won't be able to convert those leads into clients or take clients to settlement. As such, I won't be able make any money and will start to blame others.

I am open to the fact that not all real estate leads generated by my lead generation efforts will produce immediate results, no matter how exceptional my follow up system may be. My pipeline of real estate leads is likely to take anywhere from next month, 6-12 months, next year, or 2 years. Settlement time can also vary between my pipeline, which could be anywhere from next month, 6-12 months, next years, or 5 years. I must also contact leads until they are able to schedule an appointment for me to assist them with their real-estate needs. To reach my goal of getting an appointment, this contact process will require several phone calls, many knocks at the door and many mailings.

I will be working with an Accountability Partner/Coach to ensure that I am not lazy with my real estate leads. I will overcome my fear of rejection by knocking on doors and learn how to conquer my anxiety so that I don't become scared of my real estate leads. I will continue to learn new techniques, sales and customer service so that I am not a skeptic about my real estate leads. I will do everything possible to be remembered by as many people as possible when they need me for real estate services. My real estate career must be treated as a business. I must ensure that all business components are in place and properly plan for it to maximize my success. Real estate leads are my lifeline and I know that failure is not an option.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Search – Homes For Sale in Sedona

The 3 Time Management Techniques Every Real Estate Agent Should Learn

The Advantages Of Real Estate Agents